This isn’t exactly the legit way of poaching eggs but it has saved me on multiple occasions where I’m tired, lazy, and need a quick source of protein to liven my snack/salad/rice bowl.
The taste is surprisingly just as good as if you had poached it the traditional way. It doesn’t look as pretty but it’s pretty damn close once you plate it.
- 1 medium sized refrigerated egg
- Pour 1 cup of water into a ceramic cup.
- Crack the egg into the cup – ensure there’s enough water to cover the egg.
- Microwave on your usual temp for 50 seconds (I’ve found 50 seconds to be better than 60 seconds).
- Strain egg/pour out excess water.
Tip: You can use your poached eggs for bibimbap salad, toasts, Eggs Benedict…etc.