- 6 soft boiled eggs – recipe here
- 1 cup of filtered water (tap water works too if your tap is drinkable)
- 1/4 cup of soy sauce
- 1/4 cup of mirin
- Salt & sugar to taste
- 1 crushed garlic (optional)
- Mix water, soy sauce, mirin, crushed garlic into a container (I like using a glass Tupperware)
- Add salt/sugar to fit personal taste
- Place eggs into container. It’s ok if the eggs aren’t fully submerged. Just place them in the fridge and rotate the egg periodically to cover all sides.
- Soak eggs for at least 1 day.
Tip 1 : You can increase the amount of liquid or change the size of the container to fully submerge your eggs if you don’t feel like rotating them.
Tip 2: Add different spices such as peppercorn, ginger, chilies, miso…etc for different flavourings. And you don’t have to eat it with just ramen. Have it as a side dish, with other noodles, or as snack on its own.