The method that I use is always the same. I just switch up the ingredients and spices.
- Dry pasta (portion for 2)
- 150g of ground beef
- 3 stalks of asparagus (diced)
- 0.5 cups of cherry tomatoes
- Garlic (chopped or sliced)
- Fresh Basil
- Salt, peppers, chilli flakes
- Optional: poached egg (the egg in the photo was poached via the microwave)
- Heat up a pot of water and pan with olive oil at the same time (have the two beside each other’s a good idea).
- Have the pan on low to med heat, add in garlic and cook till fragrant but not brown.
- Add in asparagus into pan and cook for approx. 5 min
- Halves the tomatoes and add into pan cook for approx. 2 min
- Add in ground beef
- Season the sauce base with salt, pepper, and chill flakes (keep the heat low-med still)
Once the pasta is cooked (usually 10-11 min after you place it into the pot):
- Turn the pan up to med-high heat.
- Scoop pasta out of the pot and place into pan, add one ladle of pasta water
- Reduce sauce while stirring and mixing the pasta
- Garnish with poached egg and fresh basil
Tip 1: Key thing: cook the sauce/ingredients at the same time as the pasta is being cooked. So low/med heat for the is usually good enough.
If the sauce is cooking faster than the pasta is ready, reduce heat to low.