This is a great crouton replacement for salad. Not only does it reduces the spike in my insulin, but it also keeps me full a lot longer.
I’ve been eating 2 bowls of salad a day and on the days where I don’t have enough protein/fat for my topics, I’m constantly feeling hungry.
- 1 pack of tofu puffs (usually found in Asian stores)
- Your fav. crouton seasoning (mine is soy butter garlic)
- Cut the puffs into crouton-size cubes, single layer them on a cooking sheet.
- Depending on your oven, bake/broil them until they’re crispy (rotate them midway through if you want all sides to be golden). I recommend 375 degrees Celsius for approx. 10 – 150 min.
- Turn off the oven, take them out, toss, and coat them with your seasoning in a bowl. Or just sprinkle them with sea salt.
- Optional: put them back into a TURNED OFF oven to let the residual heat dry them out even further (keep the oven door slightly open).