This my birthday meal for my sister. It is not the legit version. But it turned out really good and she was a satisfied little piggy.
- 1 crab
- 1.5 tbsp of Miso
- 1-2 tbsp of ketchup
- 1 tbsp of sriracha sauce ( or any kind of Asian chili sauce)
- 1.5 cups of chicken broth OR water + chicken bouillon powder
- 2 eggs
- 0.5 tbsp of cornstarch/arrow root powder
- 0.5 chopped onion
- 1 tbsp minced ginger
- 1 tbsp of minced garlic
- 1-3 fresh/dried chilis
- Optional: 2 – 3 stalks of chopped green onions
- Boil the crab, chop it up into smaller sizes and crack the shells of the legs so that sauce can enter later. (I use the back of my knife to do this). Set this aside.
- The sauce (Medium heat):
- Sauté onion until it’s somewhat caramelized
- Add ginger – sauté for 1 min
- Add garlic – sauté for 1 min (don’t burn this)
- Add Miso and mix it around
- Add chicken broth and let it come to a simmer (OR water + chicken bouillon powder)
- Add salt, sugar, and pepper to taste. And any other spices or flavouring you want to experiment with.
- Add the boiled and chopped crab to the sauce while it’s simmering.
- Cover and simmer for 3-5 min for the crab to soak up the flavour
- Mix the cornstarch/arrow root powder in cold water and add it to the sauce (this is to thicken the sauce)
- Beat the two eggs and pour it over the crab. Don’t mix it, just let it lay over as a top layer. Add your green onions.
- Cover and turn off the heat. The residual heat will cook the egg.
- Plate and serve!
Serve with rice or bread.